Monday, November 5, 2007

Graduate School?

So, it hasn't been a short road to come to this decision, but I'm applying to graduate schools. I'd love to tell the whole story in chronological order, but because time is so pressing with the graduate school applications and such, I'd rather tell you where I am, and we can get caught up on how I got here later.

I'm looking for a Ph. D. program in Music Theory. I'm currently considering these options (in the order that I currently think I would prefer them, along with their respective application deadline):
Right now I'm scrambling like mad to study for the GREs and give people letters of recommendation to fill out on my behalf. I'm scheduled to take the general GRE November 26th (the Monday after Thanksgiving), and the application deadline for Eastman is December 1st. I still need to figure out the application deadlines for the other programs.

I'll post more as things happen, and in the meantime, please join with me in praying this modified popular prayer:

God, grant me the ability to accomplish the things I cannot forsake,
the courage to postpone the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference.


Amen.

2 comments:

Meganace said...

I like your modified prayer *a lot*...

SillyMissErica said...

Try Arizona State! :) Just kidding.